Book: Become A Boss
Author: Queendom Dinasty
Photos Courtesy of Queendom Dinasty
Author: Queendom Dinasty
Dinasty Brown is a graduating senior at Florida State University, a small online business owner, a licensed real estate agent, and now a bestselling author. She has achieved all of this success before celebrating her twenty-first birthday.
Dinasty’s humble beginnings started in Sarasota, Florida, her birthplace, where many people perceived her to be a timid young lady. However before she graduated with honors from King High School of Tampa, Florida, Dinasty proved she was overly ambitious, zealous, and a natural born leader.
- Do you believe your college experience helped you become a better entrepreneur or did it seem more like a waste of time?
Honestly, yes. I grew as an individual and also a professional, some of the internships and work-study jobs I had in college defiantly shaped me as well and influence the way I structure my business.
- What would your advice be to a college student that are entrepreneurs but are having terrible balancing both?
Prioritize! You have to select your business over the "college life". I didn't go out, no parties, it would be school, then home to work and package orders. You have to make that sacrifice to be focused and all about your business, it will pay off.
- What was the worst business mistake you have made and what lesson did you learn from it?
Not managing my money and not being consistent, both are issues that will stop your business from growing.
- What does being your own boss mean to you?
It means no limits to me. I have no limitation as far as how much money I make and what I want to do with my life, I set the rules and call the plays. It's freedom!
- How important is it to you that more women become entrepreneurs?
Very important, my mission is to show other women it's possible. Women just carry so much burden and always have to have it all together, I like to inspire them to accept themselves, be confident, and go for what they want. We are natural born leaders and this is why more women need to be bosses.
- Was entrepreneurship something that was apart of your upbringing?
No not at all, when I started no one in my family understand what I was doing and til this day they still don't completely get it. I just had the desire to do better and be better.
- Do you have any other hobbies outside of your chosen field if so what are they?
I love to travel and I enjoy good food. That's pretty much it.
- What’s the best book you have read in 2018?
10X Rule by Grant Cardone, really makes you go harder but in a strategic way.
- What was your writing process like for this book?
Very quick, honestly I am just a get things done type of girl. I wanted to provide something for my clients that was physical and something they could go back to every day. Also, I wanted it to be simple, not intimidating and could actually help them start a business.
I outlined the book and wrote chapter one last year and for some reason never came back to the file. Then in January, I sat down and wrote the entire guide in 2 days and went off to self-publish it.
- What is your best advice for overcoming writer's block?
Personally, I have to be alone when writing, and my advice is to know your peak hours in a day. Everyone has that set time where their brain just goes effortlessly. I'm a night owl so after 10 pm til about 2 am I am the most focused and productive individual, ideas just flow.
Find your peak time and then go to a place where you are most comfortable and just write. Remember you can go back and edit later, just write!
- What is the best advice you have received on happiness?
Chose me! You have to protect yourself and put yourself first, if you are not good and taken care of how can you provide good to others. Choosing me and always protecting myself keeps me happy.